Marriage generally aims to produce children, in order to ensure the continuity of the human race, and while some women get pregnant quickly, others suffer from delayed pregnancy, and because married people often want to have children as soon as possible, establishing a marital relationship around the time of ovulation is considered It is necessary and helps to increase the chances of pregnancy, and fertility scientists have found that there are other methods that will help increase the chances of pregnancy and enhance fertility.
Ways to help get pregnant
Couples can follow a set of tips that can help them get pregnant and increase their fertility, including the following:
- Weight control: This step will enhance the fertility of the woman, and thus increase the chances of pregnancy. Pre-pregnancy weight is often an overlooked factor in fertility, so it's important for women to maintain a healthy weight, says Dr. William Gibbons, director of the division of reproductive endocrinology and infertility at Baylor College of Medicine.
Based on one study, researchers evaluated the body mass index of 2112 pregnant women, and it is known that the normal body mass index ranges between 18.5-24.5, and they found that women whose BMI ranged between 25-39 before pregnancy, that is, they are overweight or obese, took twice as long to become pregnant compared to women with a normal BMI, while women with a BMI of less than 19 did worse; They took four times the time compared to women with a normal BMI.
- Reducing drinking coffee and abstaining from alcoholic beverages: Drinking alcohol and coffee in large quantities can weaken a woman’s fertility, the amount of caffeine that a woman drinks per day should not exceed 200 to 250 grams, and drinking two alcoholic drinks a day would weaken a woman’s fertility by about 60 %, therefore it must be emphasized that alcohol should not be drunk during pregnancy, in addition to the fact that alcoholic beverages may increase the risk of serious birth defects for the fetus.
- Stop smoking: Smoking can harm both the fertility of women and the fertility of men, for women, smoking can affect how the uterus accepts the egg, and for men, it reduces sperm production and negatively affects DNA, and during pregnancy smoking can increase the chances of Abortion.
- Knowing the days of women’s ovulation: A woman must know the time of her ovulation, and regularly practice the marital relationship five days before the date of ovulation and on the day of ovulation, that is, while the sperm are inside the fallopian tube during the ovulation period, which increases the chance of pregnancy. These six days are important because the egg is fertilized by the sperm for 12 to 24 hours after it is released, while the sperm can live inside a woman's reproductive system for about 5 days under the right conditions.
As for the time of ovulation, if the duration of a woman’s menstrual cycle is about 28 days, then ovulation occurs on the fourteenth day before the start of the new cycle, but ovulation often occurs before or after four days from the middle of the menstrual cycle, and in the event that the period of the woman’s menstrual cycle is not equal to 28 days. A woman can calculate the length of her menstrual cycle and the time of ovulation through a calendar for the menstrual cycle. This is in addition to the ability for a woman to know the time of ovulation through the symptoms and signs of ovulation, including a change in vaginal secretions before ovulation occurs; Where the woman notices an increase in these secretions, and these secretions are transparent and wet, but when the ovulation process ends, cloudy and thicker secretions come down from the cervix, and it is difficult to notice. The other sign that can indicate the time of ovulation is a change in the basal body temperature, that is, the body temperature at rest, which increases slightly during the period of ovulation.
- Practicing the marital relationship on a regular basis: the rate of pregnancy increases when the spouses practice the marital relationship on a daily or day after day basis.
- Avoid bathing the man with hot water or using the sauna: Hot water can kill the sperm of the man, so men who want to have children are advised not to use hot water tubs, use the sauna, or take a hot bath, and the man sitting for long periods and working in a hot environment from It may affect sperm production.
- Relax: It is important to try to stay away from anxiety, and to exercise regularly.
There are a number of things that a woman can do to take care of her pregnancy, the most important of which are the following:
- A pregnant woman should visit the doctor periodically, and take care of her health and the health of her fetus, in order to avoid premature birth, and the risks that could result from it, such as the sudden death of the child and diseases resulting from premature birth.
- It is necessary for every pregnant woman to take vitamin B or what is known as folic acid before and during pregnancy, as folic acid protects the fetus from birth defects.
- Quit smoking, and this step is one of the most important preventive steps during pregnancy to prevent the fetus and mother from contracting any diseases during pregnancy.
- Not drinking alcohol.
- Taking certain vaccines after consulting a specialist doctor about this, such as the flu vaccine, because these vaccines work to protect the pregnant woman and the fetus from diseases.
- It is important for a pregnant woman to maintain that her blood pressure is within the normal limits, as high blood pressure exposes a pregnant woman to the risk of problems during her pregnancy.
- Every pregnant woman should inform the doctor of the names of the medicines she is taking, because it is forbidden to take some types of medicines during pregnancy because of their effect on the safety of the fetus, and this also applies to medicines that a pregnant woman takes without medical advice and herbal plants that a woman may take.
- Staying in a work environment suitable for the health status of the pregnant woman, because some work environments may affect the health of the fetus.
Pregnancy is an integrated process that requires a woman’s body to produce an egg from one of the ovaries, then fertilization of the egg by a sperm, and thus the production of a fertilized egg, which in turn travels through the fallopian tube to the uterus where it sticks to its wall to grow the fetus inside, and any problem in one of these steps can To impede the process of pregnancy, infertility occurs.
Infertility means the inability of a woman to become pregnant after a year or more of marital relations without using any type of contraceptive, and because the ability to conceive decreases with age, some doctors begin to treat the problem of infertility in women who are over the age Thirty-fifth after having regular sexual relations for six months without using contraceptives and not after a year, and women who suffer from recurrent spontaneous abortions for two or more times should see a doctor specialized in infertility cases for examination and the necessary treatment.
Causes of infertility
Among the main causes of infertility in women are the following:
- Low ovarian reserve.
- Premature ovarian failure.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Fallopian tube obstruction.
Among the causes of male infertility are the following:
- Varicocele infection.
- The testicles are exposed to a blow or injury that affects the production of sperm.
- Bad habits such as drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Treatments used to treat cancer, such as radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Having diabetes, cystic fibrosis, certain types of immune disorders, or some types of infections that affect the testicle.