We need to take care of our daily routine diet to live better life, most people think that they are having the large quantities of food so they have eaten the correct diet but the truth lies in whether this food have the right quality or not?
In this article we will explain some points to help you choose your food carefully.
What healthy food means!!
Healthy food is the food providing us with essential nutrients which our body needs to preform will and retain energy, carbohydrates, fat, protein, vitamins, and minerals are very important substances to ensure a balanced diet.
Why we need to verify our diet?
- To ensure a comprehensive diet for protecting ourselves from any medical problems such as infectious diseases and increasing our immunity so that we should not neglect certain type of food continuously.
- To allow our body build new cells and tissues then compensate the damaged cells.
- To provide the body with energy in addition to improve immune system.
- The body needs diverse nutrients form carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins and proteins to carry out its vital operations.
Here are 6 advices for healthy diet:
- Don’t eat a certain type of food, but you must diversify your food so that you get all the nutrients you need to have good health.
- Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits, and stay away from junk foods.
- Doctors consider fats, sugars and salts as a harmful compounds, but you should not abstain from them completely, just controlling your diet with them will not be harmful, but eating it excessively may cause you many diseases.
- Make sure to eat your breakfast daily as it’s the most important meal.
- Avoid eating right before bedtime.
- In addition to doing some daily exercises, I think your life will be better.
List of “10” healthy food you should eat daily:
- Berries, it’s known that berry’s family “blueberries, strawberries and raspberries “ plays an important role as antioxidant material with help your body to fight diseases and cancer specially , a handful of berries a day can suffice with a good percentage of vital nutrients , Besides, eating berries is linked to better cardiovascular health .
- Legumes, like beans, soybeans, chickpeas and lentils. Different grains have different properties and benefits. For example, soybeans are full of plant estrogen and are effective in reducing the risk of prostate and breast cancer. Beans are can reduce serum cholesterol and keep the hormonal balance.
- Nuts, like Almonds, cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts, walnuts they are pricy but essential and have great benefits to your health , they can reduce the risk of blood pressure and diabetes mellitus in addition to reduce high cholesterol levels as thy contain good fats in the form of omega-3 fatty acids that will not cause weight gain if eaten in moderation .
- Flaxseeds, flaxseeds have significantly antihypertensive properties and can reduce the risk of stroke , so taking just a tablespoon of flaxseeds will be good
- Dates, have a sweet taste with low glycemic index besides having antioxidant properties.
- Cruciferous vegetables, like “arugula, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli , turnip and radish” they have the same roles of green vegetables in addition to having a cancer-fighting properties according to the national cancer institute . they are rich in folate, vitamins C, E, and K, and fiber which is important if weight loss is the goal. These vegetables contain “sulforaphane” which is good for eyesight, cognition, premature aging protecting against cardiovascular disease.
- Whole grains, including “wheat, barley, quinoa, oats, brown rice and corn” . Many people have this misconception that whole grains are not useful and contribute to weight gain, but the truth is that they are very important for the body and full of digestive fibers that boost metabolism and maintain digestion .
- green leafy vegetables , in fact I can’t count the benefits of the green leafy vegetables , but we can say that without vegetables our health will deteriorate . they are rich in minerals like “iron, magnesium and potassium” . Leafy green vegetables are good for your mental health through slowing down the aging process of the brain to enhance cognition and improve the blood flow in the body . they can improve the immunity and protect the body from cancer , furthermore it, they can decrease blood presser and blood sugar levels .
- Fermented foods in dairy products , Many people do not know about the importance of fermented foods. they contain probiotics that are essential for the health of your gut. Eating probiotic foods like “yogurt” daily is good for your stomach and digestion, as they boost the concentration of good gut bacteria and also boost the benefits of antioxidants. probiotics can help lower total and “bad” LDL cholesterol and enhance your immunity .
- Drinking water, This list is incomplete without water. it is the most important thing in our lives. We cannot live without water because our bodies are made up of water. There are many benefits to drinking plenty of water daily, from losing weight to improving digestion to beautiful skin to preventing urinary tract infections. To promote kidney health, water is essential. You should drink 2 liters which nearly 8-10 glasses of water daily to maintain hydration.